Thursday, May 22, 2014

Vintage Style!



So, I went out to Novi this past Sunday to check out a pop-up shop for the Style Dolls Fashion Agency. I was first introduced to the Style Dolls at the SimplyChanelle.com  launch party back in March. Click Here to Check Out that Blog Post. I went to their site to see what they were about & fell in love with some of the pieces they had for sale & did I mention the low prices?! I also admired the fact that they are two young women who turned their passion into a successful business. Thumbs up for Entrepreneurship!

Now, if you're not familiar with the Style Dolls Fashion Agency, it is basically a one-stop-shop for all of your vintage fashion needs. They offer vintage clothing selections via TheStyleDolls.com & their fantastic pop-up shops!  & unlike stores in the mall that offer multiple copies of  "vintage inspired" trends,  they search far and wide for the authentic vintage pieces that keep their business going.

They also provide styling & image consulting just in case you're not quite sure which direction to go when it comes to your own signature look.




So, make sure you check out their site, Facebook & Instagram. Shop the unique & timeless pieces & get notified when it's time for another pop-up shop!
Sicarra & Daisy

Ok, back to Sunday's event. It was hosted by Aldo at the Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, MI. The event began after store hours to ensure exclusivity & Aldo even offered a discount on their merchandise for those of us at the pop-up shop.

I had a great time from the moment I got there until I left. I picked up some great vintage pieces, took advantage of Aldo's discount, & ran into an old friend from high school.

I found Ashley! Well, actually she found me :-)


I even picked up a fantastic beauty hack from Sicarra, co-owner of the Style Dolls!

I noticed after getting a pic of the Dolls that there were beautiful purple highlights through out her jet black curls. She then let me in on her trick of using the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows instead of actual hair color. Who knew!?

Now, on to the goodies!!! I picked up two belts, a pair of earrings, an obnoxiously sparkly sequin top & a pair of mirrored aviators (one of my SS14 Wish List items) from Aldo.



Joseph II sequin top. 1980's
Picked this up for only $10!!!
This same top is selling for $20+ on ebay


Ann Klein
$5
I wanna say this is from the 90's. Couldn't find the exact one online



Elite
$5
1980's/90's



$5
Most likely 80's or early 90's
These blue mirrored aviators are from Aldo
I picked them up for $12 minus the 15% discount for attending the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment