Monday, March 17, 2014

Simply Chanelle Blog Launch Party!!!




This past Friday, I had the pleasure of attending my cousin Chanelle's blog launch party for simplychanelle.com. I had a great time mingling with everyone, enjoying the music (both DJ'd & Live) & just soaking up the vibrant, girly atmosphere whilst sipping on my "Simply Sangria".
Posing in front of the #simplyselfies photo wall with the lovely Chanelle.
Now, if you don't already know, Chanelle is a beauty blogger. Through her blog simplychanelle.com & her YouTube channel ItsSimplyChanelle, she has set out to share with the world her love for all things beauty. Her style is natural & feminine, yet dazzlingly sassy! She is here for both the clueless teen who doesn't know the first thing about taming her curls or applying makeup, as well as the stylish 20 or even 30-something who is searching for a simple, quick, polished look. She even throws us a product review every so often!

But, before I get too far in, let me give you a quick run down on my outfit of the night.

I pride myself on being a "budget fashionista" & the outfit I put together for this event is a prime example of being fashionable on a dime.
  • Top: Derek Heart - $4.98, Burlington Coat Factory.
  • Belt: Steve Madden - $7.98, Burlington Coat Factory
  • Necklace: Sophia & Kate - $7.99, Burlington Coat Factory
  • Bracelet: Claires - $1
  • Leggings: My Michelle - $3.98, Burlington Coat Factory 
  • Lace Tank: H&M (Already Had)
  • Clutch: Gift
  • Earrings: Burlington Coat Factory (Already Had)
  • Booties: City Snappers - $19.99, C.W. Price (Already Had)







And just because I'm beyond obsessed with a good, bold, sexy, stylish, edgy & fantastically affordable pair of heels...

Here are some of the beauties that were sashaying around the party:

From left to right:

-Wild Rose 
-Diba (dsw.com)
-Shiekh (shiekhshoes.com)
-Just Fab (justfab.com)



Now, on to the party details!

The location was a cozy space in downtown Detroit that was just right for this event. When I got off the elevator on the 6th floor, I was met by a fashionable crowd of friends, family & area bloggers. All there to support the launch & enjoy the evening that had been pulled together by our hostess. 

There was a "#simplysefies" photo wall where guests could snap all of their "selfies" in front of a hot pink back drop. She also made sure to set up studio lights because as we all know, a good selfie is all about good lighting...or a good filter. And, I almost forgot about the cute props available to liven up your photos!










Once past all of the lights, cameras & action I followed the steady bump of the hip-hop track that was playing & found myself (Sangria in hand) in a lounge-like area where the DJ was set up right across from the NAIL BAR! Yes, there were lacquers, and sparkles, and stripers...Oh My! 






Unfortunately I was too caught up in all of the everythingness to stop and give myself a mani.


After thoroughly checking everything out, chit-chatting & vloging, I found Raheem (yes, the boyfriend came to the beauty party) & took a seat just in time for a performance by Chanelle's ridiculously talented sister Charity.
She graced us with 3 beautiful, original songs as well as a mini tribute to her big sis Chanelle. And just before the last song "Sounds Like Love", Charity announced that a special delivery had been sent. 
A gorgeous bouquet of flowers from Chanelle's boyfriend (who was unable to be there for the lanuch) was presented to her.*tear*


Following the performance, It was time for GIVEAWAYS!!! Chanelle was gracious enough to give us the opportunity to win stuff! Names were drawn and prizes such as Ipsy Glam Bags, gift cards & beauty products were doled out to a lucky few. And, just when we thought it was over...Free Lipsticks For Everyone!!!


I received wet 'n' wild lipstick in the color "Bare It All"


Overall, the launch party was fantastic. The perfect mix of fashion, beauty, fun, music, mingling, networking...I could go on. I am beyond excited to see where Simply Chanelle goes from here & you should be too!

Make sure to follow her blog, YouTube & Instagram (@itssimplychanelle) to keep up with the latest posts, videos & pictures.

Daintily exhausted at the end of a successful launch party.

Oh, & because I love them to pieces & because they deserve your support...Here are a few more noteworthy individuals from the launch party making their mark on the world:

Charday Ward:
The photographer for the evening, an educator & talented writer.
Visit her blog & Follow her on IG
@charday_renee


OpenMic & Charity:
Music's future power couple.
The DJ & Guitar Wielding Songstress that kept the party live.
Support their respective music movements
@openmicmusic
@charityclef



No comments:

Post a Comment