Monday, March 31, 2014

My Wish List: Spring/Summer 2014

With the warmer weather being right around the corner (still cold here in MI), I have been spending my free time lately searching around online & window shopping in between errands trying to figure out what I NEED in my life (fashion wise) this Spring/Summer.

I'm really feeling some of the current trends, but if you know me you know that I like to mix it up & wear pretty much whatever I think looks good...even if it's not necessarily "trending".

So, without further ado, here is my (somewhat long) wishlist of items that I HAVE to get my hands on this SS14:

Coral

I was somewhat skeptical of this trend when I first noticed it a couple of years ago. But lately, I'm really loving the shade. Maybe it's the fact that I've been seeing brighter more lively versions of the color as opposed to the more muted, salmony ones I had seen in the past.
What ever the case may be, I have fallen in love with this bright, happy, feminine, "springy" shade.






Mint/Seafoam

This color is just so young and fresh. It makes me think of Easter & it's one of those cool, easy breezy shades that just makes me feel calm.







White White

Not off white, not ivory, not cream. White.
For the longest I was into the dark colors, mainly black. But now, I feel a pull toward white. It's crisp, clean, beachy & I will be incorporating so much more of this color into my wardrobe.








Gold

Used to only be into silver, but now I know much better. I've really been into gold lately.




Asymmetrical Hem Lines

I really don't think I will ever let go of this look.
High Lows & Draped asymmetrical skirts can be feminine & sweet or edgy & sexy.








Minimalist Heels

These are simple, sleek & sexy. And I need them in every color.









Florals 

Not your grandmother's florals. I would love to rock this classic print in a romper, matching short set or a good sky high pair of heels.






The Knee High Gladiator

Thank you Kourtney Kardashian & Tom Ford for making me fall in love with this boot/sandal hybrid!
Depending on the style, these can be laid back boho or edgy vixenesque.







Barefoot Sandals!!!

These little gems are right up my ally as I really dislike wearing shoes in and around my house. I also see these as a must have for those vacation days at the beach.



Floral & Fruity Fragrances

These two...OMG. I first smelled a sample of the Vince Camuto Fiori a few months ago & was instantly hooked. And the RALPH by Ralph Lauren has been a fav of mine since high school. Both are the perfect balance of sweet and flowery. Perfect for Summer.



Body Chains

These add the perfect touch to swimwear or cropped tops. And if you're not about bearing the necessary skin to show off this piece of jewelry, you can absolutely throw this on top of your tank or dress for an instant style boost.
Look for these sexy accessories on the likes of Beyonce, Rihanna & Kaira.



Jumpsuits & Rompers

You can't go wrong with these. They can be fun & flirty or sophisticated & downright chic. These onesies can work for simply running around town or making an appearance at a swanky soiree.




Bejeweled Sandals

Now, as much as I love the barefoot sandals, there comes a time during my day where I actually have to leave the house & I must wear shoes. If it's warm out & I can afford to be pretty casual or need to be in flats, I'll opt for the borderline-gaudy jewel encrusted sandals. They make my feet happy :-)


The Backless Maxi

Effortlessly sexy. The only problem is figuring out the boob wrangling situation for dresses like this. I am stuck with DDs for the moment so I will definitely be heading to Nordstrom to pick up a backless adhesive bra & praying to God that it works. (Click Here to See the one I'm Talking About)





Cropped Tops

Young, Fun & Timeless.
Mom's (like me!) & the more modest can pair these tops with ANYTHING highwaisted! 





Cut-out Pants

I love these. The denim with the bow detail is cute and can be worn during the day. While the Geebin version is more suitable for a night out.





Lucite Heels

Who says clear heels are just for brass pole engineers?





Joggers & Harem Pants

So comfy & So versatile. These can work at the gym or for girls night out with a strappy heel.



Head Scarves

A great way to add a little extra something to a messy updo or camouflage unruly or dirty hair. Whatever the reason for wearing one (As long as it's not the hood-rat bedtime shouldn't-come-out-of-the-house scarf) this is one accessory that always looks good...when done properly.



Crochet

From bathing suits to cover-ups to dresses. Crochet is boho chic at its finest..at least in my opinion. Crochet pieces can be worn to the beach or just around town layered over a bralette/tank & shorts or slip dress.












Ok, so now that you have survived my almost never ending SS14 wishlist, What do you think? What are some of your wishlist items for the Spring/Summer? I'd love to know! 

Stay tuned to the blog & YouTube. I just may do a haul or two once I've found everything I need/want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment